Kezdőoldal » Közoktatás, tanfolyamok » Nyelvtanulás » Mi a jelentésbeli különbség a...

Mi a jelentésbeli különbség a seek, look for, és search igék között?

Figyelt kérdés
2011. aug. 11. 12:49
 1/2 anonim ***** válasza:
100%

Egynyelvű szótárból másolom, most el kell intéznem valamit, de ha nem érted, szólj, és fordítok. :) Csak szerintem vannak dolgok amiket egynyelvű szótárból könnyebb megérteni.

seek verb FORMAL

1 to try to find or get something, especially something which is not a physical object:"Are you actively seeking jobs?" she asked.

Hundreds of dissidents are seeking refuge/asylum in the US embassy.

2 to ask for advice, help, approval, permission, etc:

Legal advice should be sought before you take any further action.

search 1 to look somewhere carefully in order to find something:

The police searched the woods for the missing boy.

She searched his face for some sign of forgiveness, but it remained expressionless.He searched (in/through) his pockets for some change.

I've searched high and low (= everywhere), but I can't find my birth certificate.

The detectives searched the house from top to bottom (= all over it), but they found no sign of the stolen goods.FIGURATIVE She searched her mind/memory for the man's name, but she couldn't remember it.

FIGURATIVE People who are searching after inner peace sometimes turn to religion.

2 to try to find the answer to a problem:

Philosophers have searched for millennia but they haven't found the meaning of life.

3 A police officer who searches you or your possessions looks for something you might be hiding:

The men were searched for drugs and then released.

look for sth/sb

to try to find something or someone, either because you have lost them or because you need them

Have you seen my gloves? I've been looking for them all week.

I was looking for Andy. Do you know where he is?

How long have you been looking for a job?

In seek there is the idea of something not material, intangible

In search the idea is that you examine a place carefully in order to find sth.

In look for the main idea is that you have lost something.

2011. aug. 11. 12:54
 2/2 A kérdező kommentje:
Köszi szépen, így már teljesen világos!:)
2011. aug. 11. 13:13

Kapcsolódó kérdések:

Minden jog fenntartva © 2024, www.gyakorikerdesek.hu
GYIK | Szabályzat | Jogi nyilatkozat | Adatvédelem | Cookie beállítások | WebMinute Kft. | Facebook | Kapcsolat: info(kukac)gyakorikerdesek.hu

A weboldalon megjelenő anyagok nem minősülnek szerkesztői tartalomnak, előzetes ellenőrzésen nem esnek át, az üzemeltető véleményét nem tükrözik.
Ha kifogással szeretne élni valamely tartalommal kapcsolatban, kérjük jelezze e-mailes elérhetőségünkön!